Former 13th-century coaching inn in the picturesque Cotswolds
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
A warm, inviting stay in a quiet Oxfordshire town, at a former 13th-century coaching inn - includes breakfast and optional three-course dinner
- Discover all the charms of an Oxfordshire Cotswolds market town from the rustic Macdonald Bear Hotel. Set in a former 13th-century coaching inn, this ivy-clad abode offers plenty of traditional charm, alongside buckets of modern amenities to ensure an undeniably comfortable stay.
- Macdonald Bear Hotel has a great restaurant offering modern British cuisine, created using seasonal produce from the local countryside. Nestled into the heart of the hotel, it enjoys views over the quiet courtyard. Afternoon tea is also available and is not one to be missed.
- The property is located in the heart of Woodstock with its own charm and character. Walks can be enjoyed around the surrounding charming Cotswold countryside; it’s also within walking distance of the world-famous Blenheim Palace, a World Heritage Site with over 300 years of history.
- Open courtyard
- 24-hour front desk team
- 24-hour room service
- Packed lunches (at extra cost)
- Reading room/lounge
How to get there
Macdonald Bear Hotel is a two-hour drive from London. By train, you're 20 minutes from Oxford station, which has links to London and other major cities. If you'd like to make the most of the glorious location on the edge of the Cotswolds, we recommend you arrive by car. On-site parking is available for an extra charge.
Good to know
Parking is available for the additional charge of £10 per night, subject to availability. Pets are not allowed.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.