A fairytale-like Victorian mansion on the shore of Lake Windermere
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Discover incredible snow-filled holidays
A gorgeous Lake District stay at a fairytale-like Victorian mansion overlooking Lake Windermere - with full Cumbrian breakfast, a cream tea and three-course à la carte dinner
- Given that the Lake District never loses its capacity to enchant, you can expect seriously stunning views at Langdale Chase - a fairytale-like pile overlooking Lake Windermere, England’s longest watery wonder. Surrounded by six acres of beautiful terraced gardens.
- A put-your-feet-up-and-relax vibe is prevalent throughout the mansion, most notably in the cosy snug and the elegant conservatory. There’s also a jetty, a boathouse, a lovely lake-facing terrace for drinks on warm days, and well-sized guest rooms packed full of thoughtful extras.
- Dining is an adventurous affair at the all-day two AA Rosette restaurant where the menu is as impressive as the views over Lake Windermere. The hotel also serves afternoon teas complete with finger sandwiches, homemade cakes, and scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam.
- Lake Windermere views
- Terrace with lake views
- AA Rosette-awarded restaurant
- Jetty with sailing days and lessons
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service
How to get there
Langdale Chase is a five-minute taxi ride from Windermere railway station. Kendal is a 20-minute drive away, whilst Leeds is just under two-and-a-half hours' drive to the south.
Good to know
This hotel is pet-friendly, subject to availability. One dog is welcome for a supplement of £15 per pet, per night. This is payable directly to the hotel and must be organised prior to your arrival.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.