Fairytale-like Victorian mansion on the shore of Lake Windermere
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays
Access and book our deals using just your email
New deals start and end every day
Our deals move fast - our emails make sure you don't miss a trip.I don't want to get amazing discounts on luxury travel in my inbox
100% refundable, up to 8 days before travel
A gorgeous Lake District stay at a fairytale-like Victorian mansion overlooking Lake Windermere - with full Cumbrian breakfast, dinner allowance and a bottle of wine. Fully refundable - book with confidence
- Captivating landscapes: Given that the Lake District never loses its capacity to enchant, you can expect seriously stunning views at Langdale Chase - a fairytale-like pile overlooking Lake Windermere, England’s longest watery wonder. Surrounded by six acres of beautiful terraced gardens.
- Comfort is key: A put-your-feet-up-and-relax vibe is prevalent throughout the mansion, most notably in the cosy snug and the elegant conservatory. There’s also a jetty, a boathouse, a lovely lake-facing terrace for drinks on warm days, and well-sized guest rooms packed full of thoughtful extras.
- Award-winning dining: Dining is an adventurous affair at the all-day two AA Rosette restaurant where the menu is as impressive as the views over Lake Windermere. The hotel also serves afternoon teas complete with finger sandwiches, homemade cakes, and scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam.
- Lake Windermere views
- Terrace with lake views
- AA Rosette-awarded restaurant
- Jetty with sailing days and lessons
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service
How to get there
Langdale Chase is a five-minute taxi ride from Windermere railway station. Kendal is a 20-minute drive away, whilst Leeds is just under two-and-a-half hours' drive to the south.
Good to know
This hotel is pet-friendly, subject to availability. One dog is welcome for a supplement of £15 per pet, per night. This is payable directly to the hotel and must be organised prior to your arrival.
We cannot guarantee access to hotel facilities (e.g restaurant or spa), as these are subject to change due to COVID-19. We advise you check with the hotel two weeks before your trip. If you choose not to travel, you must actively cancel up to eight days in advance to ensure a full refund.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.