Escape to a five-star Winchester country house with stellar dining
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Book your escape now before it's too late...
Traditional Junior suite
A five-star Winchester country house stay with a raved-about restaurant, beautiful grounds and country pursuits – includes breakfast
- The hotel's applauded restaurant is a reason to visit Lainston House in itself. With an intimate atmosphere and seasonal gourmet menus, The Avenue restaurant sources ingredients locally and directly from the hotel's own kitchen garden. You can also indulge in a dainty afternoon tea in the drawing room.
- Lainston House is a refined 17th-century country manor turned five-star hotel set in 63 acres of Hampshire parkland, close to the city of Winchester. The historic charm doesn't stop there, as the grounds are also home to a beautiful dovecote and a 12th-century chapel ruin, plus distinctly regal-looking bedrooms with glass chandeliers.
- Whether you’d rather cosy up in the drawing room with a book, explore the grounds or take part in an exclusive cooking class, your leisure needs are taken care of here. If you’re looking for something a little more thrilling, this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence holder also offers bird of prey handling classes and clay pigeon shooting.
- Cookery school
- Clay pigeon shooting
How to get there
Lainston House is set in 63 acres of grounds, between the villages of Sparsholt and Littleton, a little west of Winchester. It is a 40-minute drive from Southampton, and a little over two hours from London.
Good to know
Pets are not allowed at this hotel. Country pursuits like falconry, clay pigeon shooting, fishing and the cooking school are at an extra cost. Please note that The Avenue restaurant allows children aged 11 years and above, and does not allow mobile phones.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.