Stay at a lush Provence oasis with Michelin-starred dining
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
up to -49% today
Chef Jany Gleize
Luberon Natural Regional Park
A fabulous Relais & Châteaux hideout in Provence, with a Michelin-starred restaurant, outdoor pool and gorgeous green surrounds – includes suite and dinner options, plus welcome treats
- There’s nowhere quite like Provence for a heady dose of olive trees, lavender fields, vineyards, sunshine, postcard-pretty villages, iconic landscapes and unforgettable sunsets. So it’s hardly a surprise, then, that La Bonne Etape, a Relais & Châteaux charmer in Château-Arnoux-Saint-Auban, is such a crowd-pleaser. Even A-listers agree: George Clooney raved about this "oasis" after staying here in 2011.
- Owned by the Gleize family for generations, this restored 18th-century post house is thoroughly luxe. Its 18 guest rooms and suites boast French design flourishes, sophisticated colors, rich fabrics and museum-worthy antique furniture. There’s a Michelin-starred restaurant for fine dining, as well as a low-key bistro, both of which have a sommelier on hand.
- Elsewhere, you’ll find a supersized kitchen garden for home-grown produce, a 600-strong wine cellar, a lovely outdoor pool and cooking classes, where you can learn some of chef-owner Jany Gleize’s tricks and techniques.
How to get there
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Further thrills within easy driving distance include visiting the Palais des Papes and the famous Pont d’Avignon, checking out the Roman ruins of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, staking out wild horses and flamingos in the Camargue Wetlands, and marvelling at the ancient stone village of Les Baux. La Bonne Etape is approximately 80 minutes by car from Marseille airport.
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.