High-end Cotswolds hotel with underground spa
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
An architecturally fascinating Cirencester retreat, once owned by an Elizabethan sheriff – includes breakfast, dining credit, spa discounts and house wine
- Once owned by an Elizabethan sheriff, with many a tale to tell dating back to the 14th century and before, Kings Head Hotel is a listed building of special architectural and historical interest. Behind its 19th-century facade lie a host of standout features, like the balustraded staircase, wood panelling and giant stone fireplace.
- The spa is tucked away down in the vast vaulted cellar and comprises four treatment rooms, a relaxation room, sauna, steam room, hot tub and experience shower. You'll find a range of facial and body treatments for both men and women, using Decléor and Leighton Denny products. As the vaulted spa is extremely popular, pre-booking treatments as early as possible is advised.
- The bustling restaurant serves modern British fare - with décor to match - using fresh premium local produce that reflect the changing seasons. From spiced duck breast to herb gnocchi, plus a delectable dessert menu, there are plenty of options to choose from. Afternoon tea is also available, and there's a bar and lounge for relaxing with a tipple or two - be sure to sample the cocktail of the week.
- Bar and lounge
- Nespresso machine in each room
- Mini fridge with fresh milk in each room
- Dog-friendly rooms
- Private dining and event spaces
How to get there
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.