Luxury Lake District hotel by Ullswater
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -56% today
Fell View room
Lake View room
Lake View room
A quintessentially English country house hotel on Lake Ullswater, with an award-winning restaurant – includes breakfast, dinner and a cream tea
- Traditional, picturesque and thoroughly English, the Inn on the Lake is an idyllic hotel set in the glorious surrounds of the Lake District. With Helvellyn mountain as a backdrop and Lake Ullswater at the foot of the grounds, there's hardly a better spot in the country for a few days of crisp, clean air.
- The hotel is nearing the end of an exciting ground-floor revamp, with the last area being completed by mid-March. Be the first to experience the new interiors, where traditional elegance and modern glamour combine to deliver the perfect break.
- The hotel features both formal and informal dining options. The highly praised Lake View Restaurant has two AA Rosettes and serves refined yet comforting dishes, or for more informal dining, head to the airy Orangery or Ramblers Bar & Candleroom. The Lake View Lounge is the perfect spot to enjoy your homemade cream scone and tea.
- Two AA Rosette restaurant
- 15 acres of grounds
- Bar serving real ales
- Three private jetties
How to get there
The hotel is around a five-hour drive from London via the M1 and M6, and just over a couple of hours from Manchester. We recommended that you travel by car to make the most of your rural location.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.