Exclusively on Secret Escapes: a refurbed pad in surf mecca Hossegor
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
up to -48% today
Duplex West View room
Superior Lake View room
A blissed-out revamped beach hotel five minutes from Hossegor’s surfing mecca, with nautical-inspired bedrooms – includes breakfast, a bottle of wine and choice of view
- Set between Hossegor’s famous surf beach and its neighbouring marine lake, Hôtel Les Hortensias du Lac is perfectly positioned for watersports, whether surfing on the famous barrel waves and beach breaks, or trying out paddle boarding, windsurfing and sailing on the lake.
- After a day on the surf, head to the restaurant to dine on seafood (naturally) and planchas of locally-sourced deliciousness. The chef, Philippe Moreno, previously worked under a three Michelin-starred chef in Marseille, so you know you’re in good company. There’s also a bar serving tapas, wine and cocktails.
- Other perks include an outdoor pool overlooking the lake and a gym with fancy Waterower equipment, but the highlight is surely the spa: bathed in light and constructed of blonde stone and wood, it has a choice of wet or dry massage rooms, whirlpools and Nordic baths, a sauna and plunge pool.
- Bike and E-bike hire
- Pets welcome
- Swimming pool
- Wellness centre
How to get there
Hossegor sits in France’s Basque Country on the wave-pounded Atlantic Coast, famous for its vast dunes and impressive surf. Biarritz Airport is your closest bet – it’s about 40 kilometres away and offers direct services with low-cost carriers like Ryanair and easyJet from a variety of UK airports. You might like to hire a car if you’re planning on exploring the long, sandy coastline further; parking is provided on site for no extra charge. However, if you’re staying in Hossegor, the town and its locality are easily explored on foot.
Good to know
The hotel has recently been refurbished, so some images may be CGI rendered.
Access to the spa will be possible from 1 August 2019.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
There’s plenty to see on dry land too, with the quiet pine forests ideal for walking and cycling. There are 40 kilometres of cycle paths nearby, which can even take you onto the packed low-tide sands near Les Casernes. Instagrammable cafés aren’t hard to come by, here, and there are smoothie bars and healthy eating venues all over the resort. Insider tip? The Lou Cabanou cabin (around five minutes’ walk away from the hotel on the oceanfront) is the perfect spot to watch the sunset.
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.