Exclusively on Secret Escapes: a refurbed pad in surf mecca Hossegor
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Please use your e-mail to log in.
Duplex West View room
Superior Lake View room
A blissed-out revamped beach hotel five minutes from Hossegor’s surfing mecca, with nautical-inspired bedrooms – includes breakfast, a bottle of wine and choice of view
- Set between Hossegor’s famous surf beach and its neighbouring marine lake, Hôtel Les Hortensias du Lac is perfectly positioned for watersports, whether surfing on the famous barrel waves and beach breaks, or trying out paddle boarding, windsurfing and sailing on the lake.
- After a day on the surf, head to the restaurant to dine on seafood (naturally) and planchas of locally-sourced deliciousness. The chef, Philippe Moreno, previously worked under a three Michelin-starred chef in Marseille, so you know you’re in good company. There’s also a bar serving tapas, wine and cocktails.
- Other perks include an outdoor pool overlooking the lake and a gym with fancy Waterower equipment, but the highlight is surely the spa: bathed in light and constructed of blonde stone and wood, it has a choice of wet or dry massage rooms, whirlpools and Nordic baths, a sauna and plunge pool.
- Bike and E-bike hire
- Pets welcome
- Swimming pool
- Wellness centre
How to get there
Hossegor sits in France’s Basque Country on the wave-pounded Atlantic Coast, famous for its vast dunes and impressive surf. Biarritz Airport is your closest bet – it’s about 40 kilometres away and offers direct services with low-cost carriers like Ryanair and easyJet from a variety of UK airports. You might like to hire a car if you’re planning on exploring the long, sandy coastline further; parking is provided on site for no extra charge. However, if you’re staying in Hossegor, the town and its locality are easily explored on foot.
Good to know
The hotel has recently been refurbished, so some images may be CGI rendered.
Access to the spa will be possible from 1 August 2019.
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.