A historic hotel across the river from Avignon
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
Pont du Gard
Arènes de Nîmes
A historic Provençal hotel with charming gardens just across the river from Avignon and its iconic bridge – includes breakfast and a bottle of wine
- Stay at the charming Hôtel la Magnaneraie and you are perfectly positioned to visit the best of Avignon and Provence's attractions. The thoughtfully refurbished building dates back to the 16th century and has a varied history that includes being home to a cardinal, while the grounds were once a silkworm farm and winery. Today the gardens are filled with trees, flowers and a delightful outdoor swimming pool.
- Le Mûrier (The Mulberry) restaurant’s deceptively simple gourmet menu changes with the seasons as the chef likes to work with fresh local produce. Expect anything from courgette flowers to oysters, all of which can be enjoyed in the tree-filled courtyard terrace. Such attention to detail led to the hotel being awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Inside, you’ll find stone staircases, fireplaces and tiled floors, styled with carefully selected period furniture. Guestrooms are painted in gentle pastel hues to reflect the Provençal scenery, with an airy feeling and charming classically French furnishings. En-suite bathrooms have bath amenities. Choose between a Charm room and a larger Luxury room.
- Swimming pool
- Bicycle hire service
- Massage service
How to get there
Hôtel la Magnaneraie is a 45-minute drive from Nîmes–Alès–Camargue–Cévennes Airport, which is serviced by direct flights from London Luton Airport. Avignon is also reachable from Paris using the TGV, which departs from Paris Gare de Lyon and takes around two hours and 45 minutes. From Gare d'Avignon TGV, it's a 20-minute bus ride to Villeneuve-Lès-Avignon, which is a 15-minute walk (or a short taxi ride) from Hôtel la Magnaneraie.
Good to know
Please note that there is a city tax of €1.65 per person per night, to be paid at the hotel and private parking is available at €10 per day.
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Other activities include golf at Golf Grand Avignon, which is 15 kilometres away, waterskiing or canoeing on the River Rhone, and horse riding.
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.