An elegant seaside stay in the Croatian resort of Opatija
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Standard Double room with sea view
A graceful stay with sea views and gardens in the picturesque Croatian resort of Opatija, including breakfast, dinner, a sea view room and Christmas dates
- The traditional seaside resort of Opatija on Croatia’s Adriatic Coast was favoured by the Austro-Hungarian elite in the 19th century, who left a legacy of grand Belle Epoque villas strung along the coast. Occupying two such villas, creatively linked by an airy conservatory-style restaurant, the aptly named Hotel Gardenija is so called due to the well-kept gardens that beckon outside.
- Occupying an airy conservatory-style space, Veranda Restaurant serves hearty home-style fare based on regional Kvarner recipes alongside Mediterranean cuisine. Breakfast can be enjoyed while people-watching over Opatija’s main street as the locals go about their business. Elsewhere in the complex, you can enjoy panoramic views of the sea while sipping a drink at the bar.
- Interiors are decorated with floral symbols and come with plenty of elegant antique period furniture, all of which will transport you back to the genteel days of a bygone era. The 25-square-metre Standard Double rooms come with a sea view, and all have a classically traditional décor and parquet flooring. Not feeling relaxed enough? Make the use of the neighbouring Amadria Park Hotel's spa (at extra cost).
- Two restaurants
- Lobby bar
- Room service
- Spa and wellness access at Amedria Park Hotel (at extra cost)
- On-site parking (at extra cost)
How to get there
The closest airport to the hotel is Pula, at a distance of 99 or so kilometres away. The best way to get here is via hire car; on-site parking is available for an extra charge. If you'd rather come here via public transport, hop in a taxi to Loborika and get the number 940 bus from there to Opatija.
Good to know
Please note that a city tax of between €1.20 and €1.40 per person, per night is payable at the hotel. Please also note that the use of the spa at the Amadria Park Hotel is at extra cost.
There are facilities available for guests with disabilities; pets are not allowed.
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.