Five-star opulence on the glamorous Biarritz coast
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Please use your e-mail to log in.
King room with Birarritz view
Deluxe King room with Birarritz view
King room with Birarritz view
A five-star stay at an iconic Belle Epoque villa built by Napoleon, overlooking the bay in swish Biarritz – includes breakfast, and access to the spa and club
- Built by Napoleon for his beloved bride Eugenia in 1854, the decadent Hotel du Palais is still oozing imperial luxury more than 150 years later. A member of both Grand Luxury Hotels and The Leading Hotels of the World groups, this breathtaking 19th-century villa is one of only 13 residences in France to be lauded as ‘above five-star’ status.
- Magnificent Villa Eugénie – named after Napoleon’s wife – is one of the country’s finest dining spots. A grand circular room kitted out with rich drapes and boasting superb waterfront vistas, this restaurant showcases the best of Basque cuisine, with an à la carte menu featuring the likes of duck foie grois and freshly grilled seafood.
- Created by Napoleon as a wedding present for his bride-to-be, the Imperial Spa is impeccably grand to this day. Guerlain SPA is on hand for pamper sessions, with a vast menu of luscious facials, massages and beauty treatments, while the expert Leonor Greyl Hair Institute is the place to go if you fancy getting a new do.
- Three restaurants
- Two bars
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor seasonal swimming pool
- Laundry services
- Room service
How to get there
Hotel du Palais sits glamorously in Biarritz, around 200 kilometres from Bordeaux - Mérignac Airport. We recommend hiring a car to make your journey easier and so you can explore the chic coastal towns around.
Good to know
Please note the offer excludes the city tax of €3.50 per person per night, payable directly to the hotel.
Please note that the hotel will require a deposit of €250 per day upon check-in.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.