Five-star Provençal inn with Michelin-starred restaurant
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -53% today
You can add flights to this hotel
Hyères, 50 kilometres away
Port-Cros Island, 70 kilometres away
Port-Cros Island, 70 kilometres away
A five-star France stay at a peaceful Provençal inn with a Michelin-starred restaurant in La Celle - includes a welcome drink, breakfast or half board, wine and more
- Raising the bar for Provence stays, this Alain Ducasse-owned inn is attached to a 12th-century Benedictine abbey in La Celle - the village where resident nuns once caused a huge scandal by organising trysts with local men. Life at the five-star Hostellerie de l'Abbaye de la Celle is now far more peaceful; just look at the estate’s serene gardens.
- Under the helm of famous French-born Monégasque owner-chef Alain Ducasse who operates a number of restaurants, including Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester (which holds three Michelin star), the cuisine here is nothing short of spectacular. Michelin-starred since 2006, the menu is always seasonal, local and market-fresh.
- Everything at this historic property screams luxury: there are 10 individually designed guest rooms and suites spread across the main house or annexe, seriously stunning grounds for afternoon strolls, and a lovely bar for balanced and aromatic Coteaux Varois wines.
- Michelin-starred restaurant
- Seasonal swimming pool
- On-site boutique
How to get there
Abbaye de la Celle - les Maisons Alain Ducasse is just under an hour’s drive from Marseille Provence Airport, and due to the rural location of the hotel, we recommend you hire a car.
Good to know
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
Please be aware that in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit, you'll require a permit to drive in some countries. For more information please click here.
Please note there is a local city tax of €2 per person, per night to be paid directly to the hotel on checkout. Pets are allowed on request, but charges may apply. This offer also includes a late checkout and room upgrade (both are subject to availability).
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Want to add flights?
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.