Combine Tuscan glamour with two-Michelin-star dining
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -58% today
You can add flights to this hotel
Superior Side Sea View room
A classic, ultra-luxe stay in Tuscany, with a two-Michelin-star restaurant and Tyrrenhian Sea vistas – includes breakfast, optional dinner, one-hour spa access and more
- Set in the beautiful Tuscan town of Viareggio, with its grand façade overlooking the sea and promenade, the historic Grand Hotel Principe di Piemonte remains one of the region’s most sought-after hotels. Soak up the Art Deco grandeur as you wander through the grounds.
- The two-Michelin-starred restaurant, Il Piccolo Principe, is a destination in its own right. Its incredible, refined takes on classic Tuscan and Versilian cuisine match its views from the veranda across the waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Wash it all down with a selection of wines from some of Italy’s best vineyards.
- From stimulating massages to personalised face treatments and re-mineralising body wraps, the spa has everything you could need for rejuvenation. With beautiful water features and saunas indoors, be sure to also make a beeline for the panoramic pool on the fifth floor's terrace too.
- Two-Michelin-starred restaurant
- Rooftop pool
- Beach access
- Wine cellar
- Cooking classes (chargeable)
- Onsite parking (chargeable)
- Air conditioning
How to get there
The closest airport to the hotel is Pisa International Airport, 36 kilometres to the south. The best way to get here is via taxi or hire car (onsite parking is available for an extra charge). If you’d rather come via public transport, you’re best catching the train into central Pisa and then catching the La Spezia bound train from there. Get off at Viareggio from where it’s a short taxi ride.
Good to know
Please note that the Piccolo Principe restaurant is only open between the months of March to October, and the pool is not heated between the months of June to September. From October onwards, the pool and spa will be closed on Tuesdays. Please also note that the rooftop terrace plunge pool will be closed from 7 to 19 January 2020 included, due to maintenance. The Wellness Centre and Fitness Room will be open.
Please also note that a local tax of €2 between 1 January and 14 June and €5 between 15 June and 15 September per person, per night is not included in the price and needs to be paid at the hotel upon check-out. This hotel is pet-friendly. A small pet can be brought along on request. Charges may apply. Please contact the hotel directly prior to you arrival to arrange.
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Want to add flights?
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.