Quirky converted factory in the riverside city of Ghent
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
A converted factory and Renaissance house turned hotel in the quirky city of Ghent - with breakfast included
- Come morning, head to the hotel’s stunning breakfast room and sun terrace for panoramic views of the city while you eat. The breakfast buffet has a great continental selection of meats, cheeses, cereal, bread and much more to enjoy while you gaze over the rising city.
- The hotel is an elegant combination of two historic buildings; one part a converted cotton factory from 1857, the other a restored Renaissance house from 1518. Some rooms still have evidence of their past, exhibiting the original brick walls and oak beams of the factory.
- Ghent River Hotel is the only hotel in the city which can be reached by boat, and the riverside terrace is a great place to sit back and watch the world go by or enjoy an afternoon coffee after a morning sightseeing. Its cosy bar serves a selection of Belgian beers and other beverages for pre- and post-dinner drinks.
- Lounge area
- Nearby parking
How to get there
The nearest airport is Brussels, approximately a one-hour drive away from the hotel. If you wish to travel by train, the Eurostar from London takes just three hours, and the journey from Gent-Sint-Pieters to the hotel takes roughly 20 minutes by taxi or bus.
Good to know
Please note that a city tax of €3 per person, per night is payable to the hotel.
For those travelling by car, there is an indoor car park in the immediate surroundings of the hotel (Vrijdagmarkt car park) where you could securely leave your vehicle. Prices start from €26 per day, payable locally.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Why book with us?
- The best hotel rates available online. Get our lowest price guarantee!
- Pick your dates and we do the rest!
- Offers may include member perks such as treats on arrival
- Holidays with flights are ATOL protected
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.
1 people are viewing this sale right now.x