Explore Exmoor National Park from a historic riverside inn
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
up to -45% today
Escape to a charming family-run inn on the River Exe in Exmoor National Park - includes breakfast and optional afternoon tea
- Perched beside the pretty River Exe and surrounded by the scenic Exmoor National Park, the 16th-century Exmoor White Horse Inn is a picturesque base for a relaxed West Country break. The area is packed with protected ancient sites, from Bronze Age burial mounds to a prehistoric clapper bridge.
- The individually designed rooms have neutral palettes and elegant antique features. Luxury rooms are more spacious than Classic rooms, with some boasting sleigh beds and wonderful river views. Please note that the rooms are located across the main hotel and adjacent lodge.
- The restaurant serves rich, elegant plates of British and modern European cuisine, featuring meat from rare breed cattle, West Country seafood and moorland game. Retreat to the bar for casual bites, drinks (plus over 200 types of single malt whisky), and the hotel's excellent Sunday carvery.
- Dog-friendly rooms (chargeable)
How to get there
From the junction 25 (Taunton) of the M25, follow the A358 from Taunton towards Minehead for about three miles and then turn left along the B3224. After about 10 miles, you come to Raleigh's Cross Inn - go straight past and then turn right following the B3224, which changes course here. Continue for approximately six miles until you reach Wheddon Cross. Go straight across at the crossroads following the signs to Exford (approximately five miles). Exmoor White Horse Inn is located on the bridge by the river.
Taunton train station is around an hour from the inn and connected to London Paddington, Plymouth, Cardiff Central, Newcastle, Manchester Piccadilly, Penzance and Glasgow Central.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Behind Dunster Beach, you'll find a freshwater lake with kingfishers, water rail and even tawny owls and buzzards. Nearby, you'll find the medieval town of Dunster itself, home to an imposing castle and peppered with tea shops. There are also many cosy pubs in the area with fireplaces to snuggle up by.
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.