Terms and Conditions for Downton Abbey Competition
This year, you’re cordially invited to the most anticipated event in the movie calendar, as DOWNTON ABBEY arrives on the big screen! To celebrate the cinematic release, Secret Escapes are giving one lucky winner the chance to live like the Crawley family with a luxury stately home stay in the heart of Buckinghamshire. Check into your stunning accommodation in a stately home hotel set in over 90 acres of gardens and parkland. You’ll then have the chance to follow in the footsteps of your favourite Downton characters as you journey through the Cotswolds on a bespoke guided tour; discover the real “Downton Village”, “Yew Tree Farm” and more iconic sights featured in the franchise, before exploring the regal estate of Blenheim Palace!
A delicious three course dinner in the hotel’s award winning restaurant on two nights of your stay, a Champagne afternoon tea and three nights in your luxury accommodation with full access to the stunning spa facilities, completes this incredible prize trip with DOWNTON ABBEY and Secret Escapes.
Prize Package for 2 adults includes:
- Train travel: Return train travel within mainland UK to Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire (standard class)
- Transfers: Return station transfers in Aylesbury
- Accommodation: 3 nights’ luxury accommodation in a stately home in Aylesbury, sharing a double room
- Daily Breakfast
- Downton Abbey Locations tour: (allow a full day): Includes a professional guide and all transport.
- Seasonal 3 Course Dinner at the hotel’s restaurant on two nights of the stay: Set 3 course dinner menu and one large glass of house wine per person
- Champagne Afternoon Tea at Hotel
- Train travel will be standard class from mainland UK rail stations only; may be indirect; transfers to the starting station are excluded;
- Hotel accommodation is based on two adults sharing one room;
- A valid credit or debit card will be required for a security deposit when checking into the Hotel;
- Hotel is selected by Universal at their sole discretion;
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable;
- No cash alternative is available;
- Prize is subject to availability;
- Prize cannot be taken from 21 st December -2 nd January 2020, over UK bank holidays or over Easter Sunday;
- Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning and travel must be booked and completed within that time frame;
- Winner must contact Element London Limited with three preferred travel dates no later than six weeks prior to departure;
- Stay at the Hotel must include a Saturday Night;
- All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time;
- Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended;
- At least one traveller must be aged 18 or over; Where any travellers are aged under 18, they must have prior parental or guardian permission and will not be allowed any alcohol;
- The prize excludes transfers from winner’s home to the local station, meals, drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, visas, persona expenses or anything not expressly included in the prize;
- If any element is unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and value may be offered.
- If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with no guest, the prize will be awarded to winner and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
- If winner chooses to forfeit any of the stated activities then no alternative activities will be provided;
- Dinner at the Hotel is a set three course menu and 1 glass of house wine per person on two nights of the stay;
- Champagne Afternoon tea is a set menu with one glass of Champagne per person;
- Alcohol will only be served to guests aged 18 or over and proof of age may be required;
- A smart/casual dress code applies.
Exclusions: Anything not specified in these terms and conditions as being included in the prize package is excluded. Universal reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equivalent value and other than for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of Element London Limited and so far as permitted by law, Universal hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competition or any aspect of the Prize.
Anything not specified in these terms and conditions as being included in the prize package is excluded. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize, the prize will be awarded to Winner and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
Private Screening Prize Description and terms:
The winner will receive 1x private screening of Downton Abbey for themselves and up to 19 guests
- The date and time of the screening will be negotiated with the winner to find a suitable time, day and venue. If the winner cannot make the first date offered, Universal will give them three other suitable options of dates. If the winner does not claim their screening in one of these four instances, the winner forfeits their prize.
- The winner or one of their guests must be 18 years old or over.
- Universal is not responsible for the winner or guests’ transportation and accommodation to and from the screening.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Venue of the screening reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Filming is strictly prohibited and no recording devices are permitted to be used.
- All prizes elements are subject to availability.
- Universal reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equivalent value.
- Anything not specified in these terms and conditions as being included in the prize package is excluded.
2nd Prize: Spode China Afternoon Tea Set
Spode China has a rich history with Downton Abbey and has been featured in many episodes of the TV Series including this iconic and quintessentially British Italian Blue design which has been regularly seen at the Crawley House’s dinner table.
Blue Italian Tea Set
This elegant Blue Italian Tea Set from Spode is perfect for a stylish afternoon tea setting. The set includes a 2 pint teapot, teacup and saucer, cream jug, sugar bowl and cake plate. Each piece in the set features a finely detailed 18th century Imari Oriental border encompassing a stunning scene inspired by the Italian countryside. Crafted for modern day living, this set is also dishwasher, microwave, freezer and oven safe.
Prize includes: Afternoon Tea Set – 1 x tiered cake stand, 6 teacups & saucers, 6 cake plates, 1 x teapot, 1 x cream jug and 1 x sugar bowl in Italian Blue.
The prize is non-refundable or exchangeable as this set has been created for Secret Escapes. No cash alternative is available. Prize is subject to availability. If any element is unavailable, items of a similar nature and value may be offered.
The Complete Collection DVD Boxset and Official Downton Abbey Cookbook
NB: 5 winners will get one of each. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Prize is subject to availability. If any element is unavailable, items of a similar nature and value may be offered.
General Terms PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
- The Promoter is Secret Escapes Limited, 120 Holborn, London, EC1N 2TD.
- All entrants must be UK residents aged 18 or over.
- Employees of Secret Escapes, or any third party directly associated with the administration of the prize draw, or their affiliated companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
- By entering this prize draw, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
THE PRIZE DRAW
- To be entered into this draw, you must submit your entry via https://www.secretescapes.com/downtonabbeywin/ between 25/08/2019 7.00 am and 16/09/2019 11.59 pm.
- Individual terms of each prize available are set out above.
- No purchase is necessary; it is free to enter this prize draw.
- Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date will not be eligible to win.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- To be entered into this draw, you must submit your entry via secretescapes.com/downtonabbeywin between 25/08/2019 7.00 am and 16/09/2019 11.59 pm. Winners will be chosen at random after 18/11/2018. Only one entry permitter per email address.
- All entries must be received between the entry date and the close date (UK time).
PRIZE DRAW REQUIREMENTS
- Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which otherwise do not meet the requirements.
- The prizes are set out above. The prizes are provided by Universal Pictures International UK & Eire Limited, Central Saint Giles, St Giles High Street, London, WC2H 8NU.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control the promoter is not responsible for delays in travel.
- Promoter reserves the right to publish name, town and county of the winners or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the draw. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise the promoter at time of being notified that they have won.
- The prizes are non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prizes on offer. In the event that the prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value.
- The winner must claim the prize not later than 14 days after the winner has been informed.
- If the winner rejects or fails to claim the prize on time in accordance with clause 17 the prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of the promoter.
- The winners will be drawn at random by Secret Escapes from all submissions received between the entry date and the close date.
- The winners will be contacted via a direct message from either Element London Limited for the first prize hotel booking and Universal Pictures & Eire Limited to arrange private screening or Premier Comms for the second and third prizes to the winner’s e-mail address. To claim the prize, the winner must provide their First name, Last name, contact details and delivery address. Failure to provide this information will result in no prize being sent out. 21. All personal information collected will only be shared with Premier Comms so that the prize can be dispatched direct to the winner. It will not be shared with any other third party.
DISCLAIMER AND GENERAL
- Promoter reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this Prize Draw.
- Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting the promoter’s liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
- In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the prize draw, the decision of the directors of the promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.