Escape the city at a grand 18th-century Berkshire mansion house near Reading
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Please use your e-mail to log in.
Book your escape now before it's too late...
Mansion House Superior room
A newly-refurbished mansion hotel set amidst 250 acres of peaceful Berkshire countryside – includes breakfast and three-course dinner
- The De Vere Wokefield Estate is home to one of the leading golf clubs in Berkshire, a 6,996-yard, 18-hole, par 72 championship course. The course has been thoughtfully designed to US PGA standards, so whether you’re a seasoned pro golfer or just a beginner, there’s something for everyone.
- Let your inner kid run riot in the Unique Outdoors Activity Centre; a high-octane obstacle course in the woods surrounding the hotel. Overcome any vertigo on the high-ropes course, channel your inner Bear Grylls tackling the climbing towers then ramp up the fun factor with some woodland laser combat.
- After a busy day practicing your swing or exploring the Berkshire countryside, dine on some tasty country-inspired menus in one of two restaurants. Tuck in to classic fare served with a modern twist in The View, or indulge in bubble and squeak risotto, ham hock and pea terrine or a platter of British cheeses in The 1560. Benedict's Bar is open between 10am and 10pm, too.
- 18-hole golf course
- Indoor pool
- Tennis court
- Fitness centre
- Activity centre
- Private terrace with garden view
- Flatscreen TV
- In-room safe
- Tea and coffee-making facilities
The closest station to the De Vere Wokefield Estate is Mortimer, just three kilometres away. Trains generally run twice an hour during the week and on Saturdays, taking 11 minutes to reach Reading and 13 minutes to reach Basingstoke.
If you’d rather come straight from Reading, a taxi will take around 15 minutes. For those that are driving, you’re best leaving the M4 at Junction 11 and following Mereoak and Bloomfield Hatch Lanes directly to the hotel.
Good to know
The hotel has facilities available for guests with disabilities. Pets are not allowed.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.