City-chic style at a historic Hertfordshire hotel
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -73% today
Hatfield House, Hertfordshire
A stylish new hotel housed in a Grade II-listed building, with a chic restaurant and thoughtful design touches – includes breakfast, optional dinner and wellness access
- Historic elegance meets modern luxury at the newly renovated Comet Hotel in Hatfield. The Grade II-listed Art Deco building has a new lease of life in the form of sleek interiors, parquet flooring and a genteel colour scheme of greys, teals and brass for a decidedly chic feel throughout.
- An echo of the hotel’s Art Deco roots can be found at Element Bar & Kitchen, where geometric flooring, comfy leather sofas and orb light fittings hark back to an era gone by. Everything here is bright, fresh, and clean though, from the food menu down to the carefully crafted cocktails.
- As a valued guest, you’ll have access to the leisure facilities at Hatfield Sports Village, a five-minute walk from the hotel. Take some time out and swim some laps in the outdoor pool, play a friendly game of tennis, or book a class and sweat it out with a highly experienced member of staff.
- Sport facilities (off site)
How to get there
The Comet Hotel is 21 miles outside of London, close to the town of St Albans. If you’re leaving the car at home, you can take the train to St Alban’s City and catch the 300 bus towards Stevenage, alighting at the Comet Hotel.
Good to know
The sports facilities at the Village are available to guests Monday–Friday: 6.30am to 10.30pm, and Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 7pm.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.