Charming historic hotel with spa in Sussex
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -57% today
Standard Double room
A historic retreat with a beauty salon and indoor pool in rural Sussex, set in charming landscaped gardens – includes breakfast, and credit towards dinner and the spa
- In the heart of the Sussex countryside, Cisswood House Hotel was built in 1928 as a rural retreat for the then chairman of Harrods and his wife, Cissily. Guest rooms are decorated in keeping with the building's character, welcoming you to a peaceful home-from-home set within acres of beautifully landscaped gardens.
- The Garden Restaurant serves freshly prepared dishes, many featuring local Sussex produce, and delicious matching wines. For something lighter, sample fish dishes, salads and British dishes from the lounge menu. Push the boat out with a delectable afternoon tea in the garden on warm days, or indoors during the colder months.
- Featuring Aromatherapy Associates products, Serenity Beauty Salon presents a pampering menu of treatments to boost your well-being and vitality. Choose from treats like the Rose Facial and the Bespoke Skin Polish, before some quality R&R in the indoor pool, sauna and Jacuzzi.
- Afternoon tea
- Beauty salon
How to get there
The hotel sits a 10-minute drive from the M23, and you are also less than 20 minutes from Gatwick Airport, making Cisswood House Hotel a good pre or post-flight bolthole.
Good to know
Please note that treatments need to be pre-booked prior to arrival to avoid disappointment; they are subject to availability.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.