Experience rural France on an organic farm and vineyard stay
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
Plaine des Maures
A beautiful and tranquil organic farmhouse stay between Marseille and Nice, with its own vineyard and dairy - includes breakfast, a wine tasting, and an option for up to four guests
- Built in the 15th century on fields of red-tinted soil, the eco Château Saint Roux was founded by an Italian nobleman and has been lovingly restored over the years. In keeping with its location, you’ll find farmhouse charm at every turn, with rustic, shabby-chic furnishings, terracotta tiles and hand-painted cupboards.
- In true farm-to-table style, you can expect nothing less than the freshest locally sourced ingredients at the château's restaurant. Whether it’s an intimate dinner, a Sunday brunch, or wine and cheese on the terrace, you’ll be greeted with dishes made with ingredients from the vineyard, the cheese dairy and the kitchen garden.
- The Tasting Cellar is your one-stop shop for taking a little of the French countryside home with you in the form of olive oil, goats' cheese, bottles of wine and more, all produced on-site or locally.
- Farm shop
- Cheese dairy
- Kitchen garden
How to get there
Château Saint Roux is 62 kilometres from Toulon Hyères Airport, and around 100 kilometres from both Marseille Provence and Nice Côte d’Azur airports. The château is just north of the Plaine des Maures in the rural French countryside, where public transport can be tricky and infrequent. Therefore, we recommend hiring a car to make your journey more enjoyable and exploring the local area more convenient.
Good to know
Please note, there is an additional tax of €1.65 per person, per night which is payable to the hotel upon check-out.
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.