Elegant Relais & Châteaux hotel in a former fortress
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Never seen before on Secret Escapes
Escape to Provence’s capital of olives and black truffles with a romantic 12th-century fortress stay with Mont Ventoux views – includes breakfast and a welcome glass of wine
- You’ll find the 12th-century fortress of Château de Rochegude in the heart of the Provençal Drôme region, overlooking the breathtaking vineyards of Côtes du Rhône with a view of Mont Ventoux on the horizon. For wine tastings and tucking into delicious French cuisine, you won’t find a better base.
- Start your evening with a tipple in the cellars of the château, which boast some of the finest French wines. Continue to the restaurant, where the local speciality – the black truffle – features heavily. Chef Thierry Frebout’s kitchen showcases Provençal gastronomy with tasting menus and cooking lessons.
- In the 10 hectares of grounds there’s a swimming pool, a beautiful park where deer roam freely and a terrace where lunch can be taken when the sun shines. In side there’s a lounge for relaxing and a massage room where you can enjoy soothing treatments.
- Massage treatments
- Swimming pool
- Parking (chargeable)
- Pets welcome (chargeable)
- 24-hour reception
- Room service
Château de Rochegude is situated overlooking the vineyards of the Rhone Valley, in the northern reaches of Provence. The nearest airports are in Avignon (50km) and Marseilles (120km) and there are train stations in Orange (12km) and Avignon (40km). If you’re driving, the hotel is approximately and 90 minutes from Marseille, Lyon and Montpellier, and an hour from Aix-en-Provence. It can be easily found by taking the A7 autoroute and exiting at junction 19 towards Bollène, following the national road towards Carpentras.
Good to know
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.