Peace and quiet in the Loire at a fairy-tale château close to Angers
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bitte verwenden Sie zum Einloggen bei Secret Escpaes Ihre E-Mailadresse.
up to -50% today
Standard Charm room
Escape to an enchanting French château with a spa, close to Angers and the Loire River – including breakfast, daily spa access, a welcome drink and optional dinner
- Surrounded by the lush pastures and rolling hills of the Loire Valley, the dreamy estate of Château l’Epinay sits in splendid isolation just 13 miles from the ancient half-timbered city of Angers. Ideally placed for exploring the Loire, it’s the perfect bolthole for taking time out to enjoy life at a slower pace.
- The château’s beautiful bedrooms have been carefully restored to preserve their original features, such as beamed ceilings, fireplaces and bay windows. Each one is different, but all are utterly charming and decorated with antiques and vintage-style furniture, so you can have your own slice of French decadence.
- L’Orangerie restaurant is a traditional space, with exposed stone walls and beams and rich jewel-toned furniture. Dishes here are seasonal and ingredients are sourced locally, such as the cheese from Fromagerie Bocahut in nearby Angers. On summer evenings, the restaurant sets up tables in the garden so you can dine al fresco.
- The tranquil wellness centre is located in a 15th-century outbuilding and includes a hammam, Jacuzzi and a modern gym with Technogym equipment. A range of luxury spa treatments are available, including rituals by Cinq Mondes and Carita. If this wasn't enough, there's also the outdoor freshwater pool purified by plants.
- Hammam sauna
- Outdoor pool
How to get there
Château de l'Epinay is around 80 kilometres from Nantes Atlantique airport. There are buses that can take you to Angers, the nearest town, and then you can catch a taxi from there. The hotel offer parking at no extra cost for those who wish to hire a car, or cross on the Ferry or Eurotunnel.
Good to know
Please note that the restaurant is closed on Sunday and Monday evenings.
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.