Cosy Lake District stay by Bassenthwaite Lake
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
A Lake District stay amid some of England’s most soul-stirring landscapes, with a spa, tennis court and putting green - includes breakfast plus two-course dinner options
- Overlooking Bassenthwaite Lake and some of England's highest fells, this former coaching inn is the perfect base for imagination-stirring hikes among the national park’s dramatic landscapes, rising and falling from craggy peaks to emerald valleys and glittering lakes.
- Back at the hotel, you'll find wellness facilities allowing you to kick back and unwind, including an indoor pool, sauna, and steam room. Also on hand are a gym and a games room with table tennis, plus a putting green and tennis court nestled among the gardens with views of Skiddaw.
- The Castle Inn Tavern is a laid-back affair with an open fireplace and comforting classics. For breakfast, head to Ritson's Restaurant, and if you fancy a treat, a delicious afternoon tea and Sunday lunch are also available at the hotel.
- Breakfast room
- Wellness facilities
- Games room
- Putting green
- Tennis court
How to get there
Castle Inn Hotel is located in Keswick, a short drive or walk from the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake and a five-minute drive from the heart of Bassenthwaite itself. We recommend driving to make the most of this rural region; those wishing to arrive by train will find Penrith station just over an hour's bus ride away (grab the X4 gold service, which stops by Penrith station and just a minute's walk from the hotel).
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.