Get away to Normandy with an idyllic country mansion stay
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Please use your e-mail to log in.
up to -64% today
A romantic 19th century mansion within a forested pocket of Normandy – includes breakfast, kayak and bike rental, a calvados distillery visit, dinner options and more
- Belle Isle sur Risle sits gracefully in a forested spot on a river islet that's been transformed into a landscaped park blooming with ancient trees and roses and carpeted with expansive lawns. You’ll have lofty Madame Bovary-like aspirations when you step foot inside this charming country pile.
- You can expect haute cuisine in the hotel's restaurant, inspired by various French regions and sometimes further afield. Gourmands can skip the la carte dishes and jump straight into more foodie-orientated menus, if they fancy, at this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-holder.
- A rose-pink marble haven of calm, the spa holds both indoor and outdoor pools, two Jacuzzis, a hammam, and a sauna. For the more active types, there's a fitness room, plus kayak hire for exploring the surrounding waterways and bike hire for winding through the woodland.
- Spa and wellness facilities
- Bike hire
- Kayak hire
- Indoor pool
How to get there
Belle Isle sur Risle is located just outside the town of Manneville-sur-Risle, in the Normandy region of France. You’ll be roughly an 185-kilometre drive away from Paris and its connections to the UK including Charles de Gaulle Airport, Gare du Nord station and Orly Airport. Public transport is scarce in this beautiful region, so we highly recommend hiring a car to make the most of the area.
Good to know
Please note that the hotel restaurant is closed on Mondays, except from June to September when it is open daily. Please also note that access to the sauna, Jacuzzis and hammam are at a surcharge and prior reservation is required.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.