Boutique stay in the UNESCO-listed cave city of Matera
Enjoy luxury hotels and holidays at lower prices.
Access and book our deals using just your email
New deals start and end every day
Our deals move fast - our emails make sure you don't miss a trip.I don't want to get amazing discounts on luxury travel in my inbox
100% refundable, up to 8 days before travel
Deluxe Double room
Deluxe Double room
Experience the modern charms of a stunning restored guesthouse in the historic UNESCO-listed city of Matera, with breakfast, a suite option and more. Fully refundable - book with confidence
- Explore the cave city of Matera: Carved into the mountains of the remote Basilicata region, Matera is on the arch of Italy’s boot, wedged between Calabria and Puglia. A UNESCO-listed cave city, is evolving from hidden treasure to must-visit destination, and has become one of the European Union's two Capitals of Culture for 2019.
- Elegant design: On the edge of the Sassi (stone houses) district, you'll find the historic and exclusive La Residenza del Monaco Bianco. A graceful white façade reveals decadent modern design touches as well as elegant rooms and suites, of which there are only six. After a day of exploring, you can return to the hotel for a crisp Italian white in the courtyard.
- The suite life: Interiors are atmospheric with sliding glass doors, sleek woods and leather furnishings, all in a harmonious blend of natural hues - taupe, grey, cream and beige. Suites afford more space comprising a decadent circular bed, kitchenette stocked with wine, and balcony on which you could easily kick back and enjoy a glass of red.
- Breakfast (served locally)
- Bicycle rental
- Hammam sauna
- Airport transfers (chargeable)
- Baggage storage
How to get there
La Residenza del Monaco Bianco is around 75 kilometres from Bari International Airport-Karol Wojtyla. You can catch a Pugliabus service to Matera, and the hotel is a 10-minute walk. Otherwise, the hotel can arrange airport transfers; please fill out their online form here.
Good to know
Please note that a city tax of €2 per person, per night is payable at the hotel upon check-out.
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We cannot guarantee access to hotel facilities (e.g restaurant or spa), as these are subject to change due to COVID-19. We advise you check with the hotel two weeks before your trip. If you choose not to travel, you must actively cancel up to eight days in advance to ensure a full refund.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.