Historic New Forest hotel with AA Rosette dining
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
A historic spa hotel with two AA Rosette-awarded fine dining in the heart of the New Forest - includes breakfast, dinner allowance and use of the leisure facilities
- Within three acres of manicured grounds at the heart of the stunning New Forest sits the elegant Balmer Lawn Hotel & Spa. This 19th-century former hunting lodge has individually styled and thoroughly contemporary rooms which have previously hosted King George V, Winston Churchill and General Eisenhower in its illustrious past.
- The VIP treatment continues with the plush Saltus Spa and the indoor and seasonal outdoor swimming pools, for ultimate rural relaxation. There are also squash courts where you can bat away any remaining stress.
- Delicious dishes are artfully prepared with creativity and flair at the two AA Rosette-awarded Beresfords. Why not feast on Moroccan spiced duck with apricot gel, before tucking into braised short-rib with black garlic mayo? The sweet treats are tempting too, from salted caramel fondant to New Forest ice creams.
- Double AA Rosette-awarded restaurant
- Lounge with summer terrace
- Indoor pool
- Wi-Fi access
- Flatscreen TV in each room
- Dog-friendly hotel (a nightly charge includes bowls, treats and towels)
How to get there
It’s a mere mile from Brockenhurst railway station, connecting directly to London Waterloo (90 minutes) and is just eight miles from the M27 (Junction 1) which links with the M3 and M25 motorway networks. Bournemouth and Southampton International airports are 15 miles away.
Good to know
Please note that due to high demand, it is essential to book any spa treatments prior to your stay. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please note that the hotel is unable to meet requests for specific room types or numbers. Rooms are allocated on a category level only. Please contact the hotel directly if you require a twin-bedded room.
The outdoor swimming pool opens seasonally from mid-May to mid-September.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.