French Michelin-starred dining in the Cantal
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Chef Renaud Darmanin
Chef Renaud Darmanin
Prestige Réglisse room
Retreat to France's beautiful region of Cantal for tempting Michelin-starred gourmet delights - includes breakfast, seven-course tasting dinner and late check-out
- Auberge de la Tour is a charming Michelin-star restaurant with guest rooms in the medieval village of Marcolès. Its distinctive feature is a fairy-talesque stone turret, which wouldn’t look out of place on a rural château. Inside this 17th-century residence, interiors are surprisingly contemporary yet cosy.
- French food is synonymous with gourmet cuisine, and even more so at this Michelin-starred restaurant. Experienced chef Renaud Darmanin is at the helm, bringing together a fusion of local and international flavours. Pair this with some of the finest vintages from around the region, and you’re in for one gastronomic experience.
- If feasting on gourmet fare wasn’t enough at this Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence-winner, you could opt to step up to the plate with a cookery class or two at the hotel. Dermanin will share his expertise at cookery workshops where the finest, local ingredients will be used. Lessons can be tailored to guests of any ability.
- Michelin-starred restaurant
How to get there
Toulouse-Blagnac Airport is 228 kilometres from the Auberge de la Tour. We recommend hiring a car so you can explore the region at leisure.
Good to know
Please note that the restaurant is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays, except in July and August.
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
Please be aware that in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit, you'll require a permit to drive in some countries. For more information please click here.
Please note that one child (aged 2-12 years old) can be added for €16 per night, to be paid at the hotel. Also, a third adult can also be added for €45 per night, to be paid at the hotel.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.