Historical Cape Winelands country house with its own vineyard
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Relax at a restful country house on a working wine estate an hour from Cape Town, at the heart of the beautiful Cape Winelands – includes breakfast
- Situated on a working wine estate in the lush countryside of South Africa’s Western Cape, Andreas Country House occupies a beautifully restored Cape Dutch building built in 1799 – many of the original features of the house remain intact and there are just four gorgeous bedrooms.
- It’s the ideal stop off on an adventure around the Cape or Garden Route, with a vineyard on site for tastings and landscaped gardens in which to wander on hot summer’s days – you can also cool off in the idyllic swimming pool area. The staff are on hand to take care of your wishes; the country house has a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, after all.
- It’s a romantic escape that’s ideally included on a honeymoon or a journey around South Africa. Nearby there are walking trails to stroll, local vineyards to sample the different grapes available, waterfalls for swimming. Alternatively you could saddle up for a ride – either on horseback or by hiring bikes, all of which the hotel can arrange for you.
- Swimming pool
How to get there
Andreas Country House is about 77 kilometres from Cape Town International Airport, which has flights from all over the world including direct flights from the UK. If you’re driving, take the N1 road north and exit at Junction 47, following signs for Wellington. Alternatively, you can book an airport transfer or taxi in advance.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.