Cosy luxury at a French Alps hillside retreat with unique dhomes
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
You can add flights to this hotel
Stay in a luxury alpine dhomes with views over the pistes of Les Orres 1800 – includes breakfast, afternoon snack, two-course dinner, indoor parking, ski rental and a family option
- Alpin Dhome’s beautiful geodesic domes are raised up on stilts, peering out over the pistes and lifts of the Hautes-Alpes’ resort of Les Orres, situated at an altitude of 1800 metres. The domes are beautifully integrated into the landscape – there are currently nine, with plans for a further three in 2020 and (whisper it) a spa with sauna, steam bath, Jacuzzi and treatments.
- You can choose from three types of cabin: Luxury, for couples; Cosy for up to four people, and Family for larger groups and families. Forget tiny studio apartments crammed into purpose-built blocks – these beautiful 40 square-metre abodes are light and spacious, with wood burning stoves and cost blankets to keep out the chill, plus boot warmers to ensure toasty toes.
- Each morning breakfast will be brought to your cabin, where you can enjoy delicious local flavours with a side of mountain views. It’s just a short stroll from the restaurants and bars of Les Orres, and closer still to the lift and the slopes – you can check out the day’s conditions before anyone else, or carve the first turns on pristine, just-bashed snow.
- Airport transfers (chargeable)
- Room service
How to get there
The resort of Les Orres is situated in France’s Haute Alpes, between the Queyras and Ecrins national parks. Around 150km away, Grenoble is the closest international airport, though you could also choose to fly into Turin or Cuneo airports over the border in Italy. You can also take the train to Briançon and then Embrun, 20km from the resort, and get a taxi the rest of the way to Les Orres 1800. There’s indoor parking nearby, and a luxury luggage transfer service to bring your kit to your cocoon.
Good to know
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
Please also note that guests are required to contact the reception once they've booked to arrange ski rental and choice of breakfast.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Want to add flights?
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.