- Savouring high-end dishes made with top Yorkshire produce in the two AA rosette-awarded Georgian Restaurant
- Venturing a little further into historic York or Harrogate, to hit the shops and the famous Bettys Café Tea Rooms
- Wandering around the surrounding countryside with your wellies and wax jacket on
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
Wetherby, West Yorkshire
An luxury historic hotel with award-winning restaurant in the Yorkshire countryside - includes breakfast and afternoon tea
The four-star Wood Hall Hotel & Spa is located just outside the quaint market town of Wetherby, in the West Yorkshire countryside - the kind of countryside that probably inspired Emily Bronte to pen Wuthering Heights. The hotel and the onsite Georgian Restaurant not only both have two AA rosettes to their name, but Wood Hall also won itself a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014.
Originally built as a country escape for the wealthy Vavasour family and completed in 1750, the ivy-clad Wood Hall exudes peace and tranquility. It’s packed with original features and has been decorated beautifully with furnishings that are sympathetic to the era when the hotel was built, yet still contemporary with a polished high-end finish.
The hotel facilities are top-notch too. There’s fine dining in the excellent restaurant and regular fun events, like dinner shows and murder mystery evenings. The best bit is a state-of-the-art spa and health club with a well-equipped gym, heated indoor swimming pool, treatment rooms, a steam room, lounge and an impressive selection of treatments on tap.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions