A highly acclaimed five-star hotel and spa in Berkshire, with a Suite and breakfast included
Awarded the maximum 'Five Bubbles' by the Good Spa Guide, The Vineyard is one of the UK's most elegant retreats. This former hunting lodge woos its guests with boutique-style relaxation facilities that include a luxurious heated pool, a twinkly sauna and steam room, plus a long list of expert therapies.
A must for food and wine-lovers too (the restaurant won Decanter Restaurant of the Year 2012/13), with some of the most beautifully designed rooms you can find - The Vineyard is one of the finest five-star country house hotels in the UK. Located just outside Newbury, an hour from central London, the perfect mix of award-winning food and sumptuous accommodation keeps guests coming back for more. The Vineyard won itself a coveted TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014.
Suites are smart and classically elegant, providing spacious accommodation and a bathroom stocked with REN goodies. As you would expect from a five-star country hotel, all are beautiful and individually designed rooms and each has air conditioning and a minibar supplying refreshments.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Digital TV
- King-sized bed
- Air conditioning
- Spacious bathroom
- Sitting area
- Minibar stocked with drinks and snacks
- Fluffy bathrobes and slippers
- Personal safe and hairdryer
- Morning newspaper
Great food is a real passion at the The Vineyard, with guests returning for the incredible food as much as for a pampering in the spa. It's fitting then that the dining room is at the heart of the building, with a contemporary feel, beautiful design and meticulous attention to detail throughout. Daniel Galmiche, the executive chef, has been recognised for his cuisine with numerous awards, one being the Relais & Chateaux Rising Chef Award.
To make the most of the food, The Vineyard also has a sharp eye (and taste buds) for the perfect wine, with over 30,000 unique wines in the cellar. There is an extensive list of over 50 bottles under £25, proving that fine wine need not always be expensive wine, and a by-the-glass selection that frequently changes to match the seasonal cuisine.
Awarded 'Five Bubbles' by the Good Spa Guide (the ultimate accolade for any retreat), the exclusive facilities at The Vineyard need to be experienced to be fully appreciated. Chic, classy and blissfully free of crowds, they boast a boutique style that's more intimate that some larger health clubs. The main feature is the circular indoor pool that's heated to a soothing temperature and surrounded by sleek glass windows. Around 12 metres in diameter, it's not for swimming lengths in, but just right for gently paddling around in warm comfort.
Other facilities include a sauna (with a twinkly ceiling), a steam room, a small fitness suite here, plus a relaxation area. Indulge in one of the many expert treatments, and should you get the bug for spa therapy, we'd also suggest trying the spa's signature 'grapetherapy', which is inspired by The Vineyard's heritage and impressive wine cellar.
Travel is NOT included in this offer.
How do I get there?
The best bit...
- The award-winning wine cellar, stocked with around 30,000 bottles and visible through a glass floor in the reception
- The quiet, exclusive ambience of the luxury spa
- The Vineyard's private art collection - one of the most impressive in the region
- The lovely REN amenities
- For more information on the hotel, please visit their website
- Read reviews from previous guests on TripAdvisor
- Compare our rates with those available elsewhere online, starting with Booking.com
- The Vineyard has been awarded 'Five Bubbles' by industry bible the Good Spa Guide - read the full review here
Why book with us?
- The best rates online. Guaranteed
We always check to make sure that we're the best deal online during our hand-picked sales. Buy with us in total confidence, knowing that our team of experts has already scoured the internet looking for the best prices.
Learn more about our price guarantee in our FAQ section.
- Pick your dates and we do the rest - no vouchers!
- Offers may include member perks, better rooms and more
- Holidays with flights are ATOL protected
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions