- The outstanding food in the restaurant
- The quaint village setting
- The original features and charm that an historic building brings
- Taking a trip down to Portsmouth or Southampton on the coast
The Old House Hotel
Bed and breakfast in a charming Georgian house hotel with a peaceful village setting
The Old House Hotel and Restaurant (award-winning) is set in the quaint and historic village of Wickham in Hampshire. This early Georgian house is a Grade II listed building, packed with period charm and original features.
Set on the corner of the village square, double-fronted and covered in growing vines, the hotel is pretty as a picture. Inside, it's just what you'd hope for from a Georgian house hotel; cosy lounge bar with open fireplace, wood panelled dining room and individually designed bedrooms that balance character with luxurious furnishings and finishing touches.
Fiona Duncan of the Telegraph said in her review; "The Old House possesses much that I look for in a hotel: an interesting setting at the corner of Wickham’s main square; a fine building Grade II listed, early Georgian; an attractive restaurant created from the old stables; and pretty bedrooms."
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions