- The architecture of this grand Georgian building
- The modern décor throughout the hotel – an ideal juxtaposition against the historic buildings of the city.
- Taking a leisurely afternoon tea and eating your bodyweight in scones and finger sandwiches - all washed down with pots of tea.
- Visit Edinburgh when it's all crisp, cold and Christmassy from just £85 per room, per night
The Macdonald Roxburghe Hotel
A four-star Georgian hotel in central Edinburgh – breakfast included and availability over the Christmas period
Centrally located close to Princes Street, on a leafy square and in an elegant Georgian property, The Roxburghe Hotel is a perfect four-star base. Old world meets new in this dusky grey townhouse - the period property has recently splashed out on a very expensive refurbishment, modernising the interiors whilst still making the most of the high ceilings, original features and natural light.
The hotel's understated luxury will enchant to you as soon you walk into the lobby, lined as it is with modern leather chesterfield sofas and chrome fixtures, softened with faux fur throws, ice blue walls, plush velvet stools and mirrors. The modern theme continues in the roomy bedrooms. With the decor whetting your (design) appetite, sit down to a breakfast sourced from seasonal, local and organic ingredients - expect free-range eggs and soft bloomer soldiers.
If a day of pounding the pavements seems like light work, the onsite gym and swimming pool will have you out like a light as soon as your head hits the feather-filled pillow. Ultimate relaxation seekers can head to the spa and choose from a range of treatments including purifying facials and detoxifying body massages. With its mix of contemporary and traditional; this grand Georgian space offers a palatial starting point for exploring the historic city of Edinburgh.
We're offering a Classic Double or Twin room, with breakfast included. Please note that bookings over a Saturday night will require a minimum two-night stay.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions