- Taking your picnic and spending the day exploring the beauty of the lakes
- Arriving to fresh scones and tea - the ultimate way to start a break in the British countryside
- Strolling around the markets and quaint shops of Penrith
The George Hotel
Two nights on the edge of the Lake District with breakfast, three-course dinner one evening, cream tea and a picnic lunch
The George Hotel in the historic town of Penrith is perched at the gateway to the Lake District National Park, giving you direct access to its spectacular mountains and shimmering lakes, perfect for long idyllic walks and summer picnics.
A traditional and thoroughly English affair with plenty of character, this relaxed and welcoming hotel offers hearty dining with a fantastic wine selection as well as a cosy lounge for scones and tea. Your rooms are spacious and exude classic elegance. The building is over 300 years old - so there are lots of quirky little original features which only add to its charm.
This offer includes a fixed two-night stay in a Club room with a full English breakfast each morning and a three-course dinner (from the Table D'Hotre menu) on one evening of your stay. On top of that, we've bagged you tea and scones on arrival and a picnic lunch on one day to enjoy whilst exploring the countryside.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions