- The Crown Chop House menu - classic British dishes that are cooked to perfection. The food is the 'thing' here.
- The interiors are a creation of the celebrated interior designer, Ilse Crawford, who was also responsible for Soho House in New York and the exclusive Cecconis restaurants.
- Exploring the charming town of Amersham where the hotel is located.
- Interesting fact about the hotel: one of the rooms was used for the scene where Andie MacDowell and Hugh Grant famously got it together in Four Weddings and a Funeral
A boutique Buckinghamshire inn with serious interior design credentials and fantastic food
Conde Nast Traveller reckon that The Crown Amersham is "guaranteed to warm the heart of the hardiest London-based highwayman"; so if you can't bare the thought of a mellow, chilled weekend that's centred around open fires, boutique bedrooms, original olde-worlde features and gastro pub grub, then look away now.
Still reading? Then we can be sure that you will love this traditional coach house inn in the heart of the beautiful market town of Amersham. Located in the county of Buckinghamshire, just outside London (it's at the end of the Metropolitan line, so you can even get the tube), it's a cosy and rustic hideaway, inviting you to warm your cockles - ye olde English style.
As you settle into your room, you can wrap yourself in a warm woollen blanket as music from your Roberts Radio sets the tone. Waking up in your bright and airy room is a real pleasure; it's the perfect place to plan the day ahead.
The food will certainly be a highlight of your stay here and you'll find the rich seasonal dishes at the Crown Chop House irresistible.
Good to know
Please be aware that the restaurant is shut on Sundays. On this day, guests will dine at The Crown's sister property, The Kings Arms.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions