- The stylish and authentic interiors
- The views of the Atlas Mountains from the roof terrace
- The Edenic courtyard, fragrant with basil, lavender and citrus fruits
- Morocco's sizzling climate and colourful souks
Riyad el Mezouar
Listed 18th century riad in Marrakech medina with beautiful interiors - includes breakfast and a choice of room types
A UNESCO listed mansion dating back to the 18th century, Riyad el Mezouar is a cool cocoon of Arabic-Andalusian architecture. The emphasis at this iconic property is on elegance and authenticity, with eclectic furnishings and lovingly-preserved original features characterising the rooms and suites.
Working with a canvas of white plastered ceilings and archways, the spaces exude an earthy-luxe vibe. Cast-iron freestanding tubs, slate black finishes and spice-coloured lampshades are arranged beyond the heavy riad doors, with Tadelakt and hammam-style bathrooms. Outside, natural light floods into an open-air courtyard, where geranium rosa, herbs and citrus fruits grow beside the trickling fountain and plunge pool. Follow the galleries that border each room and you'll reach the traditional roof terrace, which commands stunning views over this ochre city and the Atlas Mountains.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions