- Become a master of Scotch Whisky after catching a ride through the ‘Scotch Whisky Experience’, which houses a replica distillery showing you all the secrets of how to make the ‘water of life’
- Visit the secret underground warren of streets, preserved in time, where once people thrived between the 17th and 19th century at Real Mary King’s Close
- Eat at the Ship on the Shore... you won’t regret indulging in a bowl of steamed Shetland mussels or the catch of the day
Choice of rooms at the stylish Edinburgh Mal, with breakfast and a two-course dinner included
As the very first Malmaison Hotel, Malmaison Edinburgh is fondly referred to as the ‘mother’. With 100 rooms, the Malmaison offers superb views that pore over the Union Canal in the heart of Leith - a quaint district in the north of Edinburgh.
Only a short ride from Waverley station, the hotel is in a perfect location, close to the 14th century port that once bore witness to the arrival of many Kings and Queens and exhibits a picturesque charm combined with bustling busy joints such as delicious delicatessens, top restaurants and swanky bars.
The hotel itself is classically Scottish. From the tartan roll-top baths to the traditional fare offered on the restaurant menu, you will feel instantly immersed in the rich culture and history of the area, especially as you watch the sunrise over the waters of Leith from the Port suite.
Super slinky (as they like to refer to themselves), the hotel offers rooms of all shapes and sizes. Arthur’s Attic Suite, an open plan room, offers incredible views of the Edinburgh skyline and Arthur’s Seat itself. With oversized takeaway toiletries, a large cocktail bar, a brasserie set next to the sea and the wine-tasting room, you will find yourself pampered and deliriously happy in Scotland’s finest city.
Our offers include a choice between the Standard or Superior rooms, with breakfast and a two-course dinner included.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions