- The breathtaking natural surroundings of the Lake District National Park
- The hotel's relaxing spa and beauty salon
- Classic fine dining in the Lake View Restaurant, with views of Derwentwater and the mountains
- Taking a dip in the outdoor hot tub
Lodore Falls Hotel
Keswick, Lake District
A quaint waterside hotel in the Lake District, including breakfast, three-course dinner, plus a spot of tea and cake
Few hotels can boast their own waterfall, but somewhere in its 40 acres of private land, Lodore Falls Hotel has ticked that too-often-empty box. Located on the southern shores of the enormous Derwentwater Lake, where imposing mountain ranges are mirrored in the glassy water, this stately retreat is everything you could want from a stay in the Lake District.
Rooms here are tastefully furnished with English florals, tactile throws and plump pillows and the public areas have a warm, traditional air. The hotel's cosy lounge is characterised by an open fire, cosy armchairs and hand-picked antiques, while the Lake View restaurant serves gourmet local cuisine in an eccentric gentleman-style dining room overlooking the water.
Besides exploring the stunning National Park, the leisure options here are plentiful, with a lovely spa and beauty salon, hot tub, plus a number of all-weather sports courts. Wander out on the wooden pier and hire a sailboat or kayak for a peaceful way to absorb the scenery.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions