- The RSPB manages the land so you will be able to spot all kinds of ‘starspecies’ and some of Britain’s most interesting birds.
- Take a stroll on the famous ‘sculpture trail’ and see wooden sculptures crafted from as far afield as Australia and Eastern Europe.
- Take a deep breath in the hotel's Aromatherapy Salt Inhalation room. Followed by a dip in the spa pool overlooking the lake.
Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa
A Victorian hotel in the Welsh countryside with spectacular views over Lake Vyrnwy - breakfast included
Past the endless narrow lanes that carve their gorgeously green way through some of Montgomeryshire’s finest Welsh countryside, you'll finally come atop the valley that overlooks one of Wales’ little known wonders: Lake Vyrnwy. The stone-built dam, reservoir and fairy-tale tower were erected in 1888 and serve to provide fresh water to Liverpool from the 311 streams, waterfalls and rivers that flow into it.
The looming and impressive Lake Vyrnwy Hotel boasts the best view, from the very peak of the area at 900 feet above sea level. Built in 1890, the hotel is a fine example of Victorian architecture with a homely and traditional feel but with the humble acknowledgement that it takes a backseat to the lake’s beauty. However, it strives to provide comfort, good food and a relaxing time for those who want to get away from it all (and with glorious views, of course).
With a grand drawing room to sit by the log fire, a spa to pamper yourself or a fitness centre to blow some steam, the hotel is the perfect, secret retreat. The water from the reservoir is famously known as the source for Bombay Sapphire. Order yourself a tall gin and tonic from the adjoining Tower Tavern pub and take it out on to the terrace to get tipsy on the fresh air and astounding sunsets that can be seen in the evenings.
Our offer includes a Premier Lake-View room with a full Welsh breakfast and a two-night minimum stay when your booking includes a Saturday night.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions