- The elegant boutique character of this luxury Relais & Châteaux hotel
- The location - 250 metres above the phenomenal Caldera (al fresco candle-lit dining is a must for couples - or anyone for that matter)
- The luxe materials and exquisite craftsmanship that has gone into preserving this historic neo-classical mansion
- Sampling some of the finest grape in the region with a wine-tasting session
La Maltese Estate - Relais & Châteaux
Five-star Santorini mansion overlooking the Caldera - includes breakfast, welcome drinks and use of spa facilities
A neo-classical mansion thoughtfully reimagined as a luxe hotel, La Maltese blends history with hip-boutique design. Perched on a privileged position overlooking the world-famous Santorini Caldera, this five-star island retreat - a member of the esteemed Relais & Châteaux group - ticks all the boxes for a serene escape.
The aesthetic is chic and expensive. Softly glowing lanterns warm a palette of iced vanillas and buttercreams, while plush drapes and gilt mirrors nod to times past. The hotel's exterior features a series of dramatic archways, which provide the setting for bijou dining tables and slate-grey parasols. Spend time outside attempting to process the dizzying views (a dip in the outdoor plunge pool helps), or slink indoors for an afternoon in the relaxing spa.
All you need to do is choose between a Double Inland room or a Junior Suite Caldera View (arranged over two floors with a shared veranda outside), both on a bed and breakfast basis. You'll arrive to fresh fruits and wine in your room (plus a welcome drink), and you can enjoy private use of the spa facilities, plus free Wi-Fi.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions