- The personal homely touches throughout, including a piano in the living room, for guests to play
- The view out across the grounds from your bedroom window
- The hearty, locally sourced Scottish menu created by Angus, the owner
- Stay in the eight-person self-catering Lodge for a week of good old bonding time with your nearest and dearest
Cavens Country House Hotel
Four-star Dumfries country house with a choice between a plush hotel room and a self-catering lodge
Just outside the pretty market town of Dumfries, framed by well-tended, landscaped gardens and surrounded, beyond, by ruggedly Scottish countryside, the Cavens County Hotel is a great base for fresh air, long walks and even longer stints of eating. With three Red Stars from the AA, three Gold Stars from VisitScotland and a place in the Good Hotel Guide 2012, this place comes with glowing references.
With the look of a traditional country home, there's a cosy living room where you can play the piano or curl up by a roaring fire. Bedrooms all have views of the estate and you can also book yourself a lodge, which are self-catering with their own private gardens. Cavens Restaurant is run by the owner, an expert chef and food enthusiast, simply known as Angus (how very Scottish). He uses local produce to create a simple menu of perfectly balanced dishes, presented beautifully.
You have a choice of offers with this one - either a flexible stay in a Country room with breakfast, two nights in an Estate room with breakfast and a three-course dinner from the Market menu on the first evening of your stay, or seven nights in a self-catering Luxury Lodge (for up to eight people) with a delicious group dinner on the second or third night of your stay.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions